Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Thank God

A Confession of Faith written for October 11, 2009 worship:



I thank God for Jesus Christ.
Because Christ has taken care of heaven for me,
So that I might turn my attention to this world,
And be about my Father’s business.

I love God for the sake of Jesus Christ.
Because the love of Christ has reworked my life.
In Christ, God be praised, I am no longer my own.
But belong to God:
Body and soul,
In life and in death,
Now and forever more.

I serve God, because I can do no other.
Now that I know something of God because of Christ,
Any other claim upon my loyalties is just plain silly,
And a waste of good time and energy.

I belong to God, because God made me.
This is who I am, and I can’t change it.
Nor do I want to change it.
Though there are times when I resent the claims of God,
And wish God would leave me alone.

I am grateful to God, because God understands me.
God knows my foolish thoughts and the awful depth of my self-centeredness.
Yet God’s understanding is God’s unconditional love.
A love that will not let me go.
A love that compels me to reach higher, go further and stand taller.
A love that opens my eyes to the suffering of the world.
To nudge my hand to reach out,
And guide my feet to step out.

I am all of this and so much more.
Because of God!
God in Christ.
And Christ in me.

Amen and Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment