Thursday, October 8, 2009

Death Penalty?

Historically, the State has the right to take a miscreant's life - this is supported in legal and religious studies, but the question that dogs the story is our flawed ability to determine absolute guilt, and all the related stories of the innocent being executed. Along with these sad stories, the simple reality: the death penalty is no deterrent. Historically, societies that regularly kill lawbreakers are themselves likely to become increasingly violent. Death in the air is breathed by everyone. For me, in view of these pieces, I oppose the death penalty.


Written in response to a Facebook query ...

1 comment:

  1. I like these shorter pieces you put here too...I've been doing that over at my blogger site - sort of a safe place to publish quickly the shorter thoughts that are fine on their own, but may lend to some longer writings too, down the road. Thanks for sharing...Darren

    ReplyDelete