Monday, July 13, 2009

I Believe ...

I believe that God’s love is the foundation of my life and the world around me.
I believe that evil, ever so real, will never have the last word.
I believe that Jesus the Messiah is the gift of God to the world, a world so loved by God.
I believe that Jesus the Messiah wrought a new pathway for humankind,
By going to the cross and into the tomb.

A great love at work for all of humankind,
and for the whole of creation,
every creature great and small,
unto the farthest star.

I believe that God’s love is here and now in the person of the Holy Spirit,
Bringing me into the fellowship of faith,
Conforming my life to that of Jesus my LORD,
Enabling me to let my light shine,
So that others may see my good works,
And give glory to my Father in heaven.

I believe that life is greater than death.
And I believe that in death, God’s hand will have me.
And in time, all will be made new.
To the glory of God and to the praise of Jesus,
In the company of the Holy Spirit.

Amen and Amen!

1 comment: