Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I'm Tired

I am really tired of saying, "I'm a Christian."

What difference does it make?
Does it carry any weight with the evangenitals?
Certainly not.
They would only call me a liar.

Does it carry weight with anyone else?

If folks think of Christianity only as it shows in the
Evangenitals, then I hope it carries some weight.

If folks think all christians are just plain nuts, I hope that
My presence counters that a wee bit.

On the other hand, maybe I'm nuts, too.

But I'll say it again.
"I'm a Christian."

And I'm not alone in this faith family.
Thank God.
There are plenty of folks who take the Christian Faith
Seriously.

Not to hate, but to love.
No walls to build, but only bridges.
Who know when to be quiet.
Like when #BLM protestors march.

I'm a Christian, and a universalist.
That doesn't answer all the questions.
But it does answer a few.

But, heck, it's not about questions.
Or answers.

It's about the simpler stuff of life.
Like wearing a mask.
And paying attention to the experts God has given us.

And knowing when its time to change a flag and
Remove a monument.

And a cup of cold water.
A determination to live "all are equal."

I believe in a woman's right to choose her medical treatments.
I believe in a man's right to have a decent job.
I believe in child's right to have a good education.

I believe that Rumpy is evil
McConnell even more so.
And all the evangenitals just plain crazy.

I'm tired.
Really tired of all the lies and deceptions.
I'm tired of the GOP.
And all the rest of this perverted gang of thieves.

And because I'm tired of them.
Really, really, tired.
I'll put up with being tired of saying:
"I'm a Christian."

Which I am.
And for that I give thanks.
Evan as I give thanks for friends who are
Muslims.
Siks.
Jews.
Atheists.
And whatever else the human spirit comes up with.
And even the
Evangenitals.

Who, if nothing else, serve the purpose of making it clear:
What NOT to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment